I haven't really posted a true Charlie update since his twelve-month post and my sappy ONE post. I have an official 15 month post planned for Monday/Tuesday after his appointment.
But what has my little trouble maker been up to for the last three months?
He's been a busy guy, changing every day. He is great at keeping Mommy on her toes!
Let's see what he's been up to...
He started walking the week between Christmas and New Years! It really didn't take him long at all to work his way up to a full-blown run. In three and a half months this kid has gotten FAST. Like REALLY fast.
It was pretty crazy, he went from just cruising a little bit and then one day he was all "let's do this, I'm done with crawling!". It's amazing how quickly babies learn and pick up new skills.
He's been a really great eater lately. Now he eats pretty much whatever we're eating and fortunately he's not very picky so far. Veggies are a battle sometimes, but if he clears his plate of everything else and all that's left is veggies, he will usually cave.
Charlie is definitely a big boy now, choosing to eat most meals off a plate with a fork or spoon. I've noticed lately that he's starting to be a little less messy too, which is pretty nice! He seems to be gaining more control with his hand/eye/mouth coordination. That doesn't mean the bibs have been retired quite yet though :)
We have a little mime on our hands. We've been noticing more and more that he is beginning to mimic our actions and tries to say what we say (no more cuss words!).
If we're reading the paper, he "reads" (or rips apart, whatever) the paper. If we're washing our hands or putting on lotion, he's rubbing his hands together just like us. If we're thumping our chest gorilla style, so is he. You get the idea! It's pretty adorable.
In the last month or so, I've noticed his vocabulary is really growing. He will try to repeat nearly every word you say. In his 15 month update post, I'll go a little more into detail about his talking. Charlie is an animal sound pro and it would appear that his favorites are Turtles (hearing him say "turtle" is pretty much the most adorable thing EVER) and Lions... ROARRRR!!
Charlie built his first snowman about a month and a half ago. With a little help from Daddy, of course.
He was pretty unimpressed with that white stuff we call snow. The marshmallow suit combined with the cold, snowy weather had him looking pretty glum the whole short 15 minutes we were outside. Oh well, I'm sure he'll enjoy it a little more as he gets older... or he'll be like Mom and just choose to stay inside when it's snowing, which is fine by me!
I think the last three months have been my favorite months so far in this parenting adventure. He changes SO MUCH everyday. It really blows my mind. It's so cool that I get to witness all the awesomeness that he exudes on a daily basis. It's pretty great and I wouldn't give it up for anything!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment