Monday, March 11, 2013

T-Word Must Haves: The Fun Stuff

I did the Serious Stuff... now it's time for toys!

All of these have been Charlie Tested and Charlie Approved :) He is currently 15 months old, just to give you an idea of the age range and usage of some of these toys.

On with the list!

Fisher Price Star Stacker
$14.99 on Amazon - although I'm sure you can find it cheaper elsewhere!
This is a favorite. He likes to get the stars on there and then clap for himself.. haha. He's been playing with it and successfully stacking the stars since around Christmas time. I really like this toy because it's great for developing his hand eye-coordination. He really likes it for the bright colors and the noise!

****
Fisher Price Smart Phone
$12.20 on Amazon
I don't know where he got this habit from, since we don't talk on the phone much at all, but every time he plays with this he will will push a button and hold it up to his ear like an actual phone! It's pretty cute.

He likes this toy a lot. I like it because it's REALLY quiet compared to most other toys. So quiet that it doesn't concern me at all when he mashes it against his ears. The buttons are also super easy for him to push. Another bonus is that it's really easy to wipe down after he drools all over it or smashes Goldfish on it!

**** 
International Playthings Earlyears Sweet Baby Blocks
$13.50 on Amazon
Simple toy, but so much fun! At 15 months, he starting to be able to stack these on his own and gets so excited when he's successful. He's also a huge fan of knocking down what Mommy builds!

They are soft and somewhat squishy, so it doesn't hurt if he were to fall on them. They are also very easy to wipe down and clean.

****
Fisher Price Stride-to-Ride Puppy
$30.37 on Amazon
Charlie got this as a birthday gift. He wasn't quite walking then, so this was great for him to push around. I love that it converts from walking toy to riding toy, that's one less toy we need to have cluttering up our living area!

The music on this thing is Charlie favorite. He will sit there and push the buttons over and over again while having his own little dance party. It's super adorable!

****
Melissa & Doug Jumbo Knob Wooden Puzzles
Price Varies depending where you shop! About $10.
The price of these will vary depending on size and where you buy them. We got two of them at Toys R Us for a Buy One Get One 50% Off deal, I think they were $8.99 originally. There are a TON of different styles available. We have the one you see pictured and a shapes one.

I like these for little hands because the large knobs make the pieces really easy for him to pick up. They are also very well made and can hold up to general toddler toy abuse!

****
Pillow Pet (or ANY Stuffed Animal!)
$15.99 on Amazon
I'm just using this guy as a general idea. Charlie loves ANY stuffed animal, we have quite a few! He carries them around, covers them up to "nap" and tells you "shhhh", moves them from the floor to a chair over and over and over again. Lots of entertainment here!

****
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Board Books

$8.98 on Amazon
We really love this box 'o books at our house. Charlie is a huge Mickey Mouse fan and really seems to enjoy these books. I like that they come with a box (that also has a handle) to store all of them in. For $9.00, you get 12 board books. I think that's a pretty good deal.

The only gripe I have about these books is that they are REALLY freaking small. I think each book is only about 3" x 3", maybe a little bigger. I wish they were larger, some of the images are really hard to see. Other than that, they are pretty great!

****
Other sure bets for toys:
Cars or Trucks of any kind
Books Books and more BOOKS!
Anything with a cow or a dog on it

That's all I've got for now!

P.S.: I had planned on posting Charlies 15 Month update today... however, since little man is super sick, we decided to reschedule his 15 month well visit for next Monday. Hopefully he will be MUCH better by then! So I'll be a little late on that, but it is coming!

No comments: