Monday, March 25, 2013

15 Months

Ok, I realize how completely late I am on this.. only like two weeks...

Anyways, I'm going to do these updates to go along with his well-checks at the Doctor. For now, we'll see what happens after he turns two (TWO! Holy crud). I'm going to do them a little differently than his previous Monthly Check-Ins. Here go's...

Who took my baby and replaced him with this big boy?
 Weight: At his last check on 3/22/13 he was 20lbs 12oz. He's been all over the map in terms of weight because the poor thing has been sick for the better part of a month. We're doing monthly weight checks for the time being to see if we can get him to gain a little more since he is on the small side.

Height: About 32"
The butter container he stole from my Tupperware drawer.
Diaper Size: One-Size Cloth, Size 3 Disposables

Clothing/Shoe Size: A really random mix of 9, 12 & 18 month sizes. It depends on brand and what it is. He's currently in size 4 shoes.

Eating: Generally speaking, this kids eats like a horse. There has been a lot of days in the last few months where his appetite is MIA - whether from illness, teething or just plain pickiness. But to make up for those days, he has days where he eats... and eats... and eats! I often find myself wondering where he puts it all! It's some sort of miracle that he only weighs 20lbs!

Enjoying some yogurt and animal crackers!
Sleeping: There's good days and bad days. Unfortunately for us, more of the latter lately. Between all the aforementioned illnesses and teething and colds and other random stuff, his night time sleep has progressively gotten worse. We're talking about trying some sleep training once his health is back in order. Naps on the other hand, have gotten a lot better *knock on wood*. He generally takes just one nap a day now that lasts anywhere from 2 to 3 hours. Huge improvement from before. Now we just need to get night time straightened out!

Teeth: We're at 12! A FAR ways away from the mere 2 he had three months ago. 

Cuteness!
Communication: This kid is always making some sort of noise. I generally speaks his own language and it's pretty funny to witness because he'll just go on and on in jibberish for an endless amount of time, complete with wild hand gestures.

He's picking up really well on sign language. Currently, he signs 'More' (his favorite!), 'All Done', 'Please' and (occasionally) 'Book'.

As far as verbal communication, he has a pretty wide selection of words that he uses correctly and regularly. Those include (and I'm probably going to forget some...)
  • Oscar
  • More
  • Please
  • Hi
  • Bye
  • Turtle
  • Uppy
  • Hat
  • Shoe
  • Belly
  • Bear
  • Cracker
  • Blue
  • Ball
  • Out
  • Off
  • On
  • Dog
  • Book
  • Poop
  • Baby
  • No
  • Yes
  • Hug
He also says a few "Phrases": All Done, Uh Oh & Oh No!

I think that's about all we have on Mr. Charlie! I'm sure I could go on all day though :)

So I leave you with this:

awwwwwwwwwwwww!

1 comment:

Erin said...

He is SO cute!! He looks so tall, but that could be because my (almost) 14 month old is barely 30"!!