Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year

2010 has come and gone, didn't it go fast? It sure did for me. It seems like just last week I was soaking up the sun while relaxing in Mexico, but nope, that was already a year ago. Time flies!

I've been waiting to do this post so I could include an update on my 101 in 1001 goals (which was the original reason for this blog), but the website that hosts it has been down due to overloading their servers. They say they're working on the problem, so hopefully the site will be back up and running soon! I'm hoping that my list is still in tact as well, because my genius self didn't save it anywhere else.. oops!

Anyways, if my memory is correct, I think I'm roughly 40% done with my 101 goals. Not too bad for a year! I still have a year and a half to complete the others, so I may come close to finishing. Only time will tell.

So, enough with my rambling... let's take a look back at my 2010....

January:
Jamie and I kicked off 2010 with our delayed honeymoon. We spent a week in beautiful Riviera, Mexico... I'm pretty sure I'd sell the lower half of my left arm to go back there right this very instant.


I also officially changed my last name last January. It only took me four months to finish that. I actually just used up the last of my checks with my old name on them last month... took long enough!

January marks my 'no-soda-versary'. No more soda for this girl anymore! Best decision ever.

February:
I began reading again, thus sparking some sort of reading frenzy. I polished off over 100 books in 2010, which is a lot for me!


I entered my first Photography contest and WON! I was shocked, it was pretty awesome.


I took a Stained Glass making class and created this pretty thing:


March:
March was a MONUMENTAL month at my house. Our bathroom renovation began!!


I watched 'Twilight' for the first time. I've been a sucker (no pun intended) for all things Twi ever since.


April:
Our bathroom renovation was completed! We went from a fugly black and blue mess, to a pretty space that I actually LOVE. 

I attempted to donate blood for the first time and failed miserably.

I read, and became obsessed with, The Twilight Saga.


May:
I traveled to Tennessee to see my best friend graduate from college and had a little fun at the Jack Daniels distillery along the way.


I planted my first flower bed - and it stayed alive well into this past fall I might add. I'm very proud ;)


June:
June was pretty uneventful for the most part. We did get our backyard fenced in.


July:
My hubby turned 31. But we'll just pretend he's 24. He likes to think he's younger than me.

We went to our first Brewer game of the season


I took my nieces and nephews on a fun day out.


August:
I finished my first baby quilt.


Went fishing with my nieces and nephews. This day was one of the hottest last summer. It was sweltering.....

Enjoyed the Tall Ships Festival as it came through Green Bay.


September:
Got my new camera!! I've been snap happy ever since.

We celebrated out One Year Wedding Anniversary. Did I mention we celebrated in Vegas?! It was spectacular.

October:
Paid off my car!! We officially have no car payments right now. It's awesome.

I got myself a COACH bag for my birthday. Best gift to myself ever.


I turned 25! Yikes... only 5 more years till 30.

November:
Nothing much happened in November. I crafted and made some kick ass wings. Oh and there was Thanksgiving, which was filling as usual.

December:
Wisconsin is cold. So I spent most my time cooped up reading! Lame I know, but it keeps me from getting too bored. Christmas was good to me.

Over all, 2010 wasn't too full of adventure. I did a lot of traveling which I haven't done it the past, and I'm grateful for those opportunities. The best part was making it through happy and healthy, that's all I can ask. I'm hoping for big things and monumental changes in 2011, but again, only time will tell.

I hope everyone had a great 2010 and has a bright outlook on 2011.

Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: