Saturday, August 14, 2010

Those are some BIG boats

Today my husband and I braved the ungodly hot weather to check out some Tall Ships in the Bay of Green Bay. It was a site to see, that's for sure.


There were 13 ships there in total, most of them were HUGE and very cool. You could board most of them and take tours, but the lines were super long - and when it 90 degrees and humid like you would not believe, the lines were not even close to fun. So we only got on board two of the ships - one smaller one; The Niagra. Then the ship that was in Pirates of the Caribbean 2; The Bounty.

It was really something else to see all these ships up close. I got sort of snap happy with my camera and managed to take a few hundred photos while in the 2 hours we were there. I haven't looked through them all yet, but here are a few....

Some of the ships from the Ray Nitschke Bridge:
The Bounty:Some completely ridiculous Jack Sparrow wannabe, complete with cropped out strangers kid:
After I have time to sift through all my pictures, I'll make another post with all of my favorites.

If you every have the opportunity to see this many ships in an area near you, DO IT! It's so neat and worth the time!

No comments: