This year seemed to fill the booths with handmade jewelry (which was ridiculously priced BTW) and anything and everything that could be made to house solar lights. I can honestly say that the jewelry was overpriced because I've made some myself in the past, so there's no way that they should sell for that much - I mean some of these placed were making up to a 300% profit, that's a bit much!
That said, it didn't stop me from making a purchase... **hangs head in shame**
There was a booth that was selling jewelry made from real live flowers. Yep, it was pretty neat. They use primarily orchids and roses, but other flowers as well - they coat them in polyurethane to preserve them in their lifelike state and transform them into jewelry. They also make pendants out of butterfly wings (don't worry, they're not killing them, they use ones that they find that are already dead --- still a little weird) - they are really gorgeous, but a little gawdy for my liking.
Anywho, this is what I purchased:

It's a real Vanda Orchid. Actual size is about that of a quarter. I love it. A lot.
They have a ton of beautiful pieces. You can check out their stuff on Etsy or check out their website.




No comments:
Post a Comment