Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New Toys for Michelle

I've been shopping around for a while for a new camera and accessories as it was time for an upgrade. Photography is a hobby of mine that I hope to turn into an "on the side income" sometime in the near future.

At some point soon, I would like to go back to school and finish out my Photography degree. I'm actually only 4 classes shy of it right now because credits from my Design degree carry over. However, with a full-time job and many other duties, going back to school may take some creativity when it comes to my schedule! Hopefully it will happen soon, if not, I'll maybe consider online courses or something. We'll see!

Ok, onto my toys! To say I'm excited is probably an understatement. With my upgrade to Free 2-Day shipping (thanks to my Amazon Prime free trial!), my goodies should be here by Friday!

Here's what I bought:

Canon Rebel T1i - Body Only - A GREAT deal on Amazon compared to anywhere elseTamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 - another steal, this time from Amazon Warehouse. The lens is slightly used, but like new and still has the warranty. I couldn't pass this deal up at 84% off the list price!

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II - this was a steal at less than $100. Great for portraits!! This lens is on backorder though, so I'm not sure when I'll receive it.

So watch out for some new photos, hopefully more often. I can't wait to whip this stuff out in Vegas and at the Grand Canyon!

No comments: