Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Book Review: "Vanishing Acts"

"Vanishing Acts" by Jodi Picoult

Delia Hopkins has led a great life, living with her father, Andrew, and her daughter and fiance in New Hampshire. She makes a career of Search and Rescue finding missing persons with her bloodhound, Greta. Everything is great, until Delia starts to have flashbacks of events that she doesn't remember ever happening.

One day, the police turn up at their home and Delia's life as she knows it is turned upside down. Delia and her family end up traveling to Arizona, where she is faced with a past that she didn't even know existed. Memories come flooding back and she learns about an identity that should have been hers - relationships are tested and memories are challenged. Delia needs to figure out who she is and what really happened to her.

Would I recommend this book?
You bet I would. This was my first Picoult novel, but I think I'll be reading more from her in the near future. I just have to say (and you won't know what I mean unless you read the book!) I love Fitz - he seriously breaks my heart in his earlier chapters. LoveloveLOVE.

No comments: