I tried this recipe for the first time yesterday - with a few tweaks - and it was delicious!!! I kept half out for lunches and froze the other half.
This recipe is from a cookbook that I received for Christmas 'The Cooking Mom'
Ingredients:
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter or olive oil (I used butter)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 4 large stalks celery, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 to 10 cups of chicken stock (I used 10)
- 3 to 4 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (I'll post a super easy, yummy way to to this)
- 1 bag (16oz) egg noodles (I used Amish noodles) *
- 4 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley or 2 tablespoons dried
* To change things up a bit in the noodle department, I used an idea from my Mother-in-Law. I used only a little over half the bag of egg noodles, then I put in a small package of cheese filled tortellini. SO good.
Directions:
In a large soup pan, melt butter. Cook onions, carrots and celery in the butter for about 5 minutes until they start to get soft. Season with garlic salt and pepper. Add chicken and 8 cups of stock. Simmer for a few minutes. Add parsley and cooked noodles. If you like more broth, add more.




No comments:
Post a Comment