Friday was a busy day, with lots of driving. We set out from Elma pretty early in the morning to head to the Hoh Rainforest. It was worth the drive!
Along the way we had to stop near this lake and catch some great mountain views. It was crazy because looking one way you could see water and snow capped mountains, but looking the other way all you could see was tree covered mountains.
By the way, I managed to bruise my shins up real good crawling up on a tree stump to take these!
After that quick pit stop we were on our way to the rainforest! The drive in was beautiful, as was the park itself.
When comparing Friday to Saturday, I have to say that the forests are much more beautiful when it's rainy and overcast. On overcast days the greens and brown of the forest just POP. It's gorgeous! While sunny days are nice and welcome, the sun washes away the beautiful colors.
Here's a bunch of photos from the Hoh Rainforest:
After we spent a few hours hiking around the park, we packed up and head for Forks (insert fangirl screech here!!). I must say, that little town really embraces Twilight and all the revenue it must bring in. You can't go past a business without seeing some sort of Twilight reference - whether it be a poster or a sign that says "Welcome Twilighters!" - it's everywhere. Even on the benches on city streets. It's pretty much crazy!
After filming on the final movie wrapped up (tear :,() they donated Bella's truck to the Forks Visitors Center. It was chained to the ground and everything, which I found pretty funny - you'd have to have some balls to try and steal it!
Forks High School has the original sign that you see in the movies, however the buildings are gone! The original buildings were deemed unsafe and have been demolished. Construction on their new school we be complete this fall.
After a trip into the most awesome gift store every (Dazzled by Twilight) we headed to LaPush. We decided to visit Second Beach and First Beach. Getting down to Second Beach was a major PAIN.IN.THE.ASS. The walk down was manageable, but getting back up? Holy hell. I think my legs are still burning over a week later.
Some pictures from Second Beach - I don't have any from First Beach because if you've seen a beach, you've seen this one too.. haha. Sand, water, you get the point! Second Beach would be a great place to watch the sunset I'm sure, but you'd have to camp out - there's no way in hell you'd make it back up with out breaking your neck or something.
After our climbing adventures at the beach, we checked into the most amazing hotel room ever - complete with sparkly black curtains.
I actually really liked the bedding!
That's all for Friday!
Next up in Saturday and our trip to Soleduck Falls aka the most beautiful place EVER.











































No comments:
Post a Comment