Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Kitchen: Before

I finally got around to taking some pictures of out kitchen before demo begins. I started to pack everything up today and pretty much all that's left in the cabinets is food. I can't wait for demo to get underway!

Now for the ''Before''....

This is the current entry-way. The plan is to remove the door that separates it from the kitchen and instead put a door at the top of the basement stairs. Hopefully that will open it up a bit and it won't feel so crowded when you come in the back door.

Here are a few different shots of the hallway, which is being redone basically because it's connected to the kitchen.

 There is this really pointless doorway that leads from the hallway into our living room. It doesn't need to be there since there is another one literally five feet away. We'll be closing this up.

This is the current South wall. They layout will be changing quite a bit over here. Right now you can see that there's an odd gap between the stove and the start of the cabinets. Why it's like that, I have no clue. Once we're done with it, hopefully it will look 1,000 times better. There's a lazy susan corner cabinet going in there, so I'm hoping that that will help make everything more accessible. As I was cleaning out that lower corner, I found some things that I forgot we owned!

This is the current North wall. No cabinets, just an ugly maroon after-thought of a counter top. Yuck. I can't wait for this stupid, ugly thing to be GONE and to have a nice pantry and extra cabinets in it's place!

These are just views from the East and West viewpoints. There won't be much of a change on the West since the window is there, but the East wall will change quite a bit since the stove is moving over there.

So that's that. We're gutting everything right down to the studs. I'm sure it's going to be a huge mess, but it will be worth it!!

No comments: