Saturday, May 7, 2011

Book Review: "These Things Hidden"


SUMMARY from GoodReads
When teenager Allison Glenn is sent to prison for a heinous crime, she leaves behind her reputation as Linden Falls' golden girl forever. Her parents deny the existence of their once-perfect child. Her former friends exult her downfall. Her sister, Brynn, faces whispered rumors every day in the hallways of their small Iowa high school. It's Brynn—shy, quiet Brynn—who carries the burden of what really happened that night. All she wants is to forget Allison and the past that haunts her.

But then Allison is released to a halfway house, and is more determined than ever to speak with her estranged sister.

Now their legacy of secrets is focused on one little boy. And if the truth is revealed, the consequences will be unimaginable for the adoptive mother who loves him, the girl who tried to protect him and the two sisters who hold the key to all that is hidden.
MY RATING:




MY THOUGHTS:
Let me start by saying that I finished this book almost a week ago, but because of my lack of ambition to blog lately, you're just hearing about it now!

I wasn't sure what to expect when I picked up this book as the summary left a lot to the imagination. When I started to read, I was really glad that I hadn't decided to save this book for my plane ride in a few weeks!

Gudenkauf writes a story that takes you for emotional twists and turns. There were quite a few times when I literally gasped or said "holy crap" out loud. When you hit the climax of the story it's completely unexpected in such a good way. I loved it.

1 comment:

hizzle said...

hmm sounds interesting! a different plot line, which is nice.
I may have to check it out! Thanks for the review!