Friday, October 22, 2010

64 Days...

Until what?

Christmas!! Can you believe it? I can't. As of Monday, we'll officially be 2 months away -- and I haven't even started shopping yet. I have lists though, so at least I've made some progress.

This got me thinking about MY list. My dream list that is -- things that are far too expensive for anyone to actually purchase for me, but I dream about and drool over them anyway.

So what's on my dream list?


Why do I want it? Because it takes AMAZING close-up shots. Amazing I tell you. I'd never ask anyone to buy it for me though just for the fact that you could get a crappy, well-used car for the same price, maybe even less.

The Canon Speedlite 430EX II Flash
Why do I want it? Because the flash I have doesn't cut it. Living in Wisconsin doesn't leave a ton of natural light to work with in the winter, so eventually I'm going to need to invest in an external flash. For now a Light Scoop will do the trick. While this little thing isn't too expensive (in terms of Canon accessories anyway), it's a little much to ask for.

The Canon EF 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye Lens

Why do I want it? Because I'm in love with Fisheye photos and this lens appears to be top-notch as far as Canon goes. But again - crappy, well-used car.

I think those three things would complete my dream camera bag! Maybe once I win the lottery.....

Now, on to non-camera related dream gifts!

The Valentino dress that Kristen Stewart wore to her new movie screening


Why do I want it? Uhhhh... look at it! It's b-e-a-utiful! I don't even want to know how much it costs though. Yikes.

A 27" i-Mac


Why do I want it? I have no idea. I don't need it, I have a perfectly functional MacBook. So I have no reason, other than that it's pretty.

Photoshop Lightroom 3


Why do I want it? I guess this branches back into the photography based portion of my list, but it has other uses as well. I just love the editing capabilities that Lightroom offers. But Photoshop is just as well. I just have a few things to learn yet.



Other things on my dream list:
- an unlimited amazon.com spending account
- a new kitchen
- for someone to nominate me (and ensure I get on) for "What Not To Wear"
- a month long vacation to a relaxing beach with endless margaritas

I don't ask for much do I? haha.... you could only literally buy a new car with the total cost of my dream gifts, but I guess that's why they're dreams!

What's on your dream Christmas list?

No comments: