
Four-hundred-ninety-eight in less than three days - a total of about 6 hours of reading. Yep, that's how long (or how little) it took me to read this book. I loved it - and let me preface by saying that I started this "Twilight" thing sort of backwards, I watched the movies first. In a way I'm glad I did, just because while reading the book it really gave me a visual to go along with the text. It is true what I've been told though, the books are FAR better than the movies. Meyer goes much more in depth with the characters, you learn more about the individuals and how they got to be who they are.
Loved it. All of it. I guess you could say I'm officially on the "bandwagon".
Ok, onto my review! **If you don't want it spoiled, don't read any farther***
Bella Swan is moving from her mothers home in Phoenix, AZ, land of warmth and sun, to live with her Father in rainy Forks, WA. Bella hasn't lived with her Father, Charlie, since she was a baby, so this will be a huge adjustment for her.
After making the move, Bella starts school at the less than 400 student Forks High School. She seems to make friends rather quickly, and catches the eyes of a lot of the boys there. She just can't figure out why, because she sees her self as a plain and ordinary girl - nothing special.
Sitting at lunch one day with her new friends, that's when she first notices them. The Cullens. Pale-skinned and more beautiful than any humans she'd ever seen. All five of them were pure perfection. That day, she heads to her Biology lab to find that she has been partnered with the youngest of the Cullens, Edward. He however seems less than pleased. Bella can't seem to understand why he shows such hatred towards her. The next day, she has herself set on finding out his problem - but he's nowhere to be found. Days go past, with no Edward.
The following week, Edward returns. To Bellas surprise, he speaks to her. There is something different about him, she just can't put her finger on it. After weeks of mood swings and and odd behavior, Bella begins to piece things together - with a little help from Jacob Black, a teenager from the local Indian Reservation. Faced with the possibility of what Edward might be, Bella needs to make a choice.
Edward and Bellas relationship continues to grow stronger, their bond is magnetic. They become inseparable. When Bella asks him about what he is, he is reluctant to give her details, but she pushes on and eventually finds things out piece by piece. The more she seems to know, the stronger her love for him grows.
Eventually, Edward brings Bella to meet his "family". Carlisle and Esme - his "parents", seem very accepting of her, happy to see him happy after years of being alone. His "brothers & sisters" - Alice, Jasper, Emmett and Rosalie - some accept Bella, others are against the relationship for fear of exposing their family and what they truly are.
When Bella is put in danger, Edward does all he can to protect her. His family, seeing how much he loves her, does what they can to help. Bella is being pursued by James, a tracker... a hunter. Edward and the rest of the Cullens do whatever possible to protect her. When the hunt ends, Edward must make a difficult choice that could change Bellas life forever.
Bella and Edward belong together. It's just a matter of weather it will be just for now, or for forever.
****
The love story of "Twilight" is amazing. The love that Edward and Bella have for each other is enough to bring tears to my eyes. They need each other.
I can't wait to get started on "New Moon". It's a bit longer (and the books continue to get even longer!), so I can't guarantee it will only take me three days, but I'm sure it will be just as good as this one was!
Would I recommend this book? Absolutely! 100x YES!




No comments:
Post a Comment