
I got carried away. Again. I began reading this book on Thursday night, and here I am on Sunday writing my review. I guess I just can't help but get caught up in the 'Twilight' Saga.
Bella has turned 18. In theory, older than Edward - which is not something that makes Bella happy. Against her wishes, the Cullens throw Bella a birthday party. Bella, her usual clumsy self, gives herself a paper cut.... in a house full of vampires, this could be a bad thing. Jasper, still being new to the "vegetarian" thing, has a hard time controlling himself and threatens to attack.
To protect Bella, Edward and the rest of the Cullens think it would be best to leave Forks. Leaving Bella behind, lost, heartbroken and alone. Bella falls into a dark depression with Edward gone, feeling like a hole has been left where her heart once was.
Over time, Bella becomes close friends with a member of the near-by Quilliette tribe - Jacob Black. She feels a little more "normal" when she spends time with him, like that hole in her chest is getting smaller. Bella soon discovers that Jacob and a few other members of the tribe are werewolves. She just seems to be drawn to monsters. Jacob and the others are protecting Bella from Victoria. Victoria was the mate to James, who was killed by Edward in 'Twilight'. Victoria wants Bella... a mate for a mate.
A series of events lead Edward to believe that Bella has killed herself. Leaving him to provoke the Volturi - who are the only ones who could kill him. If Bella isn't alive, he sees no point in him being around. Without her, he's nothing. Bella and Alice make a mad dash for Italy to stop Edward from making a horrible mistake.
When they return to Forks, at first Bella can't decipher her dreams from reality and has a hard time figuring out whether or not Edward is really back. Edward convinces Bella that he only left to protect her, and that he loves her. He will always love her. He wants to be with her forever.
Bella wants nothing more than to be with him forever, but she also wants to be like him. Bella takes it upon herself to have the Cullens vote on whether or not she will become a vampire. The outcome leaves Bella with a choice: she can either wait until after graduation and Carlisle will change her... or she can marry Edward, be with him forever, and he will change her himself.
*******
Again, I loved this book. I liked the first book better though, this one didn't have the spark of Edward and Bella until the end. "New Moon" made my heart ache for Bella and I wanted nothing more than for Edward to come back. I guess that makes me "Team Edward"?? Seems silly, but apparently true.
I can't wait to get started on "Eclipse". I know what I'll be doing on Monday!
Would I recommend this book? You betcha!
You can purchase New Moon Here




No comments:
Post a Comment