Sunday, December 19, 2010

Bookstore Haul

The husband and I were doing some last minute Christmas shopping on Saturday, and he noticed that the bookstore in the mall was closing down. It's a chain (Waldenbooks) and I think just that location is closing - which makes sense because a massive Barnes and Noble opened right across the street.

Anyways, everything was on sale! I normally just get books from the library, but I figured if I could find some good deals, why not? Most things ranged from 20 to 50% off it seemed.

I think I came out pretty decent. I ended up with 7 new books. Some that I've been wanting to read (but are unavailable at the local library) and a series that I've heard of, but wasn't high on my list.


I purchased:
- "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson ($5.50 Paperback)
- "The Girl Who Played with Fire" by Stieg Larsson ($5.50 Paperback)
- "In the Woods" by Tara French ($8.75 Paperback)

.....and then I snagged the first four books in the "House of Night'' Series - I realize there are four more books to this series, but this is a good start and it was a fantastic steal...
- "Marked", "Chosen", "Betrayed" and "Untamed"
by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast ($3.29 each Hardcover)

Once I begin reading these, I plan to purchase the other 4 books (one of which haven't been released yet - Jan, 4th, 2011) "Hunted", "Tempted", "Burned" and "Awakened".

So overall, I think I made out pretty good on my purchase! With all the books I've been accumulating lately, I should really consider purchasing an actual bookcase!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome haul! I am pretty sure most Waldenbooks started slowly closing since they are owned by Borders and they started to take those stores out of business. The same happened with B.Dalton which is/was owned by Barnes and Noble. I use to work there and they got shut shortly after a BN opened close by. We didn't get why our own company would put the bigger of the stores so close. Oh well.

Michelle said...

yeah, it sucks that stuff like that happens. I like B&N and all, but I feel like they're forcing smaller stores out, and it's just not fair. What are you going to do though?