Monday, March 22, 2010

Renovation: Day 6

The bathroom renovation took a break over the weekend, but was back in full swing today. Monday brought on the finished drywall and work on the office wall.


The office wall is coming along very nicely. I'm starting to believe that it will match when all is said and done!

Apparently, the vent that was running into our office wasn't correct (you can see it behind the ladder in the above photo). It was heating/cooling that room and the finished portion of the upstairs - that's why the upstairs wasn't getting the proper heat. So, that vent will be patched up and a new vent was put into place on the opposite side of the room.


I spoke with the contractor today. He told me that he plans to start laying the tile tomorrow, grouting on Wednesday and the plumber should be able to come install the toilet and whatever else he needs to do on Thursday. We'll be able to paint over the weekend --- this is if all goes as planned.

This is all taking a bit longer than expected, but it should all be worth it when we're done. I just hope my in-laws aren't getting sick of me having to shower at their house every night! We'll have to take them out to dinner as a "thank you" when all this is over with.

In the mean time, I'll be dreaming of the day where I don't have to put my shoes on, walk outside and unlock a door -- all just to pee. That day can't come soon enough!

No comments: