I'm really slacking on my book reviews. I read this book about 3 weeks ago, so hopefully I still remember it well enough to write a decent review!
This book is about a young girl, Sarah Crane, whose mother has passed away and her father has ended up in prison due to an unfortunate string of events -- landing Sarah in the hospital with a shattered hip. This leaves Sarah to live with a foster family. The family she ends up with is awful, they pretty much only take her in for the money they get from the county and to use her as house help.
Sarah starts at a new school, where she's seen as an outcast because of her disability. Soon she meets Nick, who is also an outcast, but for a different reason -- he hears voices. It is discovered by her art teacher that Sarah has a talent, she is quite the artist.
Sarah and Nick seem to have a bond. She draws the things that his voices tell him, evil, horrible things. Only they don't know that this is happening. When they realize it, more strange things start happening - not only to them, but to everyone around them. Scary, unexplainable things.
In the end, Sarah finds out that she was adopted and that she has stumbled into the life of her birth mother. But that comes with more problems and strange happenings that couldn't be anticipated.
Would I recommend this book? Probably not. I had a hard time really getting into this one. Normally I love John Sauls books, but this one just couldn't pull me in like the others.




No comments:
Post a Comment