Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Twelve Months



Twelve Month Stats:


Weight: 18lbs 14oz (14%) *I was apparently way off on my guess*
Height:  31" (76%)
Clothing: Pretty much all 12 month. He has an 18 month snow suit that fits!
Diapers: Cloth at home, Size 3 Disposables



Eating:
He's pretty much all on finger foods now, he's such a big boy! He will pretty much eat (or at least try) anything you put in front of him, so that's good. I dread the day when the toddler pickiness kicks in!

We've slowly started the weaning process. I'm so incredibly happy that we were able to make it to a year with breastfeeding. In the beginning, this point seemed SO far off that I was sure there was no way we'd make it. But we did, and I couldn't be happier with the decision to stick it out! ( More on that in a different post!)



So anyways, weaning. It so happened that nearly all of his bottles/nursing sessions coincide with either a snack or a meal, so dropping sessions has been fairly easy so far. I decided to drop the snack sessions first, so now he gets whole milk with a snack twice a day. My goal is to have him all on whole milk during the day at daycare by the end of next week. We're taking things a day at a time and I'm trying not to rush things right now. We'll get there.


Sleep:
Same old, same old here.

Napping on Mommy :)
Although *knock on wood*, his naps have been getting better. We're still not getting those glorious 3 hour naps that I've only heard about (myth? I think so), but we're usually around an hour twice a day, sometimes more. I'll take it! 

Playing:

Charlie continues to blow my mind daily. He's always learning new things and acquiring new skills. It's so neat to watch the gears turn.

Jungle-jim Daddy!
He can turn pretty much anything into a toy. He particularly loves my pots, pans and strainers - those usually keep him occupied while I'm making dinner.
 
Being nosy around the Christmas tree!
He loves to throw things, turn things, bang on things and make anything and everything into a walker!

Other Things:

Charlie has become a pointing and clapping machine! He will point at something and say "wassat" (what's that?) over and over again, it's adorable.


We're SO CLOSE to walking! He takes quite a few steps at a time, but he's still pretty wobbley and prefers crawling as his go to form of transportation. I think we'll have a full-blown walker by New Years! Exciting stuff!


He popped out two more teeth in the last few days! Apparently, he didn't feel like waiting until Christmas for his two front teeth... see what I did there? Yep :)

His big thing is giving kisses. Big sloppy, wet kisses. It's so stinkin' cute! Sometimes he'll give them when you ask, or even better yet, he sometimes will just randomly grab your face and lay one on you. I love it!
Kisses!!

***

I have a few more posts planned in the next few days. I'll save my emotionally sappy "my baby is one" post for tomorrow. Also, a Charlie Party post. Then I'd like to share a few of my holiday crafts and maybe even a book review!

And I leave you with a little Charlie Cake Smash Action:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHARLIE!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

OMG I love the napping on you photo. I wish Emma would still do that. Maybe she will.

Michelle said...

Charlie has always been a snuggler, I'm actually dreading the day when he gets "to big" for it!