Monday, April 25, 2011

Book Review: "Shiver"


SUMMARY from GoodReads
the cold.
Grace has spent years watching the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf—her wolf—watches back. He feels deeply familiar to her, but she doesn't know why.

the heat.
Sam has lived two lives. As a wolf, he keeps the silent company of the girl he loves. And then, for a short time each year, he is human, never daring to talk to Grace...until now.

the shiver.
For Grace and Sam, love has always been kept at a distance. But once it's spoken, it cannot be denied. Sam must fight to stay human—and Grace must fight to keep him—even if it means taking on the scars of the past, the fragility of the present, and the impossibility of the future.

MY RATING:

MY THOUGHTS:
Even though this is your typical teenage, supernatural love story, I really enjoyed this book. Sam and Grace are just so cute. But all I kept thinking while I read it was that it's the wolves point of view from Twilight.

While Shiver is badly written, like most YA novels, it's still a cute story and a nice way to escape reality for a little while. That said, I do plan to read the rest of the series.

This is a three book series, of which two are currently available. The third is to be released this summer I think.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I felt the same way about this book.