Sunday, April 3, 2011

Better Late..

..than never, right?

I'm almost embarrassed to say that my wedding dress has been taking up residence on a bed upstairs for the past year and a half. Yep, you read that right, I've been married for nearly two years and my dress is still dirty and taking up space I could be using for other junk.

My dresses home since 9.27.09...
Well, I finally broke down and ordered a kit from Wedding Gown Preservation Co. All I have to do is mark my dress, cram it into a garbage bag and supposedly it will come back all shiny and new looking. We'll find out in 2 to 10 weeks!


My dress went from this...


To this...

I seriously felt like I was getting ready to throw it out or something. Now I'll drop it off at UPS this week and wait till it comes back. Then there's the task of trying to find a place to put the box it comes back in.

2 comments:

Mrs.Mo said...

I used that company and loved the way my dress came back. They definitely do a good job ! Only down-side: the "presentation box" is large and I still have not found a home for it.

- Angela Morley

Michelle said...

That's what I'm worried about too - the box looks HUGE.