Sunday, November 21, 2010

Painted Ornaments Part 2

The ornaments are done!

You can see the first portion of this project in this post.

Applying the names to each ornament turned out to be the easy part. All I did was cut out each name in vinyl, apply it to the ornament, smudge with glue, sprinkle with glitter, then peel off the vinyl. Poof. Done. Just like that!

So to break this down....
Step one: Apply the name to the ornament with vinyl.



Step two: Spread glue and apply glitter. I pressed the glitter down with my finger to get more on.

Step three: Peel away the vinyl slowly and carefully to reveal the name.

I used Martha Stewart glitter and glue from Joann's. It works great, but it's sort of pricey so don't forget to grab a 40% coupon before you buy.

Here are all of the finished ornaments:

I have a few different ornaments in the works as well. Those are part of a gift exchange, so I won't be posting anything about them until after the person receives them.

2 comments:

J-Sabe said...

Michelle - these are awesome!

Genevieve said...

Those look awesome! What a great idea and gift!