Monday, November 8, 2010

Crafting Curtains

Ok, more like valances actually, but curtains sounded better in the title.

Anyway, I've finally made the time to sew the valances for the living room and dining room windows - and it only took about a year since the actual windows were replaced. But at least it's done now!

Here's the windows before:

Excuse my crappy after photo - I didn't turn the flash on my camera so everything looks really washed out and awful - oh and my living room is a mess:

This is the fabric I used - I bought 5 yards from Joann's and it was just enough, I have very little extra:

Overall, for never having sewed valances before, I think they turned out pretty darn good. After getting them up, I think I could have made them a few inches longer, but they still look good. I may add some chocolate brown gauzy material in the corners to act as sort of a faux curtain - just to give it a more complete look.

No comments: