Between this weekend and next weekend, I will be learning how to make a small stained glass window. It's something I've always wanted to try, and thanks to my wonderful husband and his awesome Valentines Day gift, I'm finally doing it!
I started on Saturday with a 5 hour class at the Glass Haus. We learned all the basics, which was interesting. Now I have homework (I know right? I thought homework ended in college!) to complete by next Saturday. I'll most likely be going there on Thursday night to get some of my glass edges ground down to be nice and smooth.
My sister was nice enough to take the class with me, and of course (like everything else), she's good at it!! She just has a knack for everything crafty. That's ok, I'm doing surprisingly well at this whole glass thing as well.
For now, I still have all my fingers and I intend to keep it that way.
Here's a preview of my project so far:


I spent my Sunday morning cutting out my glass. On Thursday I'll go in a grind down my edges, then on Saturday I get to solder everything together and frame it! I'm really excited to see it all finished.Maybe if this goes well, I'll take the class that teaches me how to make a lamp next!




No comments:
Post a Comment