Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's Gonna Happen!

#36: Complete our bathroom re-model by June 2010

Actually, it's going to happen much sooner than anticipated. The decision was made to hire the pros instead of DIYing, like we had originally planned. Hopefully it's for the best!

The entire layout of the bathroom is going to be changed, walls moved, vents moved, window closed off - re-built from top to bottom, new everything. It's pretty exciting!

It's looking like we're going to get things started in about 2 to 3 weeks. I'm oddly excited, I can't wait to be not grossed out when I want to take a bath (which I've never done in the 3 years we've lived here).

Without further delay, here are the horrendous before pictures:

The view from the door (which is also being moved). This bathroom is mega narrow - I can't even spread my arms apart from wall to wall, I can lean on one wall and put a flat palm on the other.
This is the view from the other end of the room. The wall on the left of the photo is being pushed out - taking space from a closet - to widen the room.


Here the current fixtures. Why anyone would think that chalky blue colored sinks, tubs and toilets were a good idea is beyond me. And the black counter top? Really? Also, I hate oak. I find it's graininess too busy.


Here are some examples of what moisture build up does to dry wall that's not meant to go in a bathroom. The moron that did the bathroom the last time around didn't put in a fan. Genius. It's gross.


And I've saved the best for last. The 5' tall "tile" paneling that is on all the walls. It's black, pink, and purple. Fantastic I tell you.


Needless to say, anything will be better than this bathroom. It's bad, but I can't wait for it to get better.

I'll be posting pictures throughout the re-model, keep an eye out for updates!

1 comment:

J-Sabe said...

Haha...you ♥ your bathroom, don't lie!!

Honestly, there are worse bathrooms, I think you've inspired me to photograph my bathroom. It takes a good mile to finally reach the toilet.