Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Baked Macaroni & Cheese

#45: Try 30 new recipes.

Check another one off that list.

I was searching for "picky eater friendly" recipes, and I've always wanted to try Baked Mac & Cheese. That led me to the Food Network site and their overwhelming plethora of recipes. Where I came across Alton Browns Baked Macaroni and Cheese recipe. With a tweak or 2 (I used fresh garlic instead of onion) I thought this might be a good fit for my picky eater and I.

While I wouldn't call it "successful", it certainly wasn't horrible. To me it seemed to be a bit bland. I actually think it tasted better re-heated.

If I make it again, I think I'll cut the recipe in half because this made a HUGE batch (2 quart dish):

We had it with kitchen cut green beans, next time I'm thinking about adding chicken to the recipe for the protein factor. I think that might give it the flavor it's missing also.

No comments: