"The Devil in the Junior League" by Linda Francis Lee
I was honestly surprised at how much I enjoyed this book! It's really not something I would normally read, yet I couldn't put it down and finished it in less than a week.
Here's my re-cap, hopefully I won't give too much away:
"The Devil in the Junior League" is about late-twenties, former Texas debutante - Frede (pronounced Freddy) Hildebrand Ware. She is a prestigious, high ranking member of the Willow Creek Junior League - a society of "high-class" women that come from old money. Frede was happily married.. or so she thought ... to Gordon Ware, a lawyer who never seems to work and instead travels the world for weeks at a time.
Frede discovers her husbands unfaithfulness along with a tangle of lies. She also discovers that her husbands handling of her finances was less than ideal, to say the least. Out of desperation, she turns to her neighbor - Howard Grout, a well known attorney - for help in hopes of keeping her lack-of-funds, scum-bag husband situation on the down low.
She finds out that nothing comes easy and she needs to help Howard Grouts white-trash wife, Nikki, get into the Junior League. No easy task, but it makes for good humor in this light hearted book.
Through her journey to reclaim her money, find her husband and turn Nikki into junior league material - Frede finds a side of herself that no one knew existed. While transforming Nikki, she also transforms herself.
Did I mention she also meets a drop-dead gorgeous guy? "Jesus Lordy" (as Nikki would say), the images those descriptions put into my mind.....
"The Devil in the Junior League" by Linda Francis Lee is what I would call hilarious chick-lit. If that's your cup of tea, it's definitely worth checking out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment