Monday, February 1, 2010

It's like riding a bike!

#24: Get a library card. CHECK!

I haven't had a library card since grade school. Sad, but true. However, I still remember my way around the place - it certainly hasn't changed much since I was inside last. I was in and out with my new library card and 2 new books to read in about 30 minutes. Libraries are too quiet for me to spend long amounts of time in - so in and out is best for me.

That leads me to this:
#48: Read 12 new books.

Well, I picked up 2! I have 4 weeks to get them back to the library and I hope to actually finish them before then.

So what did I get?

I got "The Devil in the Junior League" by Linda Francis Lee


It's not my usual cup of tea, but the little bit I read in the library had me holding back laughter. I started reading immediately when I got home. Now 5 chapters in, I must say, it's pretty darn good! I re-cap when I finish reading it.

I also picked up "In the Dark of Night" by John Saul.


I've read some of John Sauls books in the past, and they always keep me on my toes. I can't wait to delve into this book. Again, a re-cap to come when I'm done.

No comments: