Monday, July 5, 2010

Viva Las Vegas!

Jamie and I booked our Las Vegas trip yesterday! I'm so excited, I've never been to Vegas but Jamie has (about 8 years ago). We decided to make it our 1-year anniversary trip.

We'll be staying for 4 nights and 5 days at The Monte Carlo.

Choosing a hotel was quite the process, but we finally decided on the Monte Carlo after reading reviews and comparing prices. I found a great airfare/hotel package through Travelocity that we couldn't pass up. We ended up booking a Deluxe King Strip View room, hopefully the view is worth the extra money per night - it wasn't much more, but hopefully it's worth it!


Jamies parents have offered to get us tickets to the Cirque du Soleil show. I'm not sure yet if we will be going to the newer show or the original show, but I'm looking forward to it either way.

Also, since we'll be so close to it, we're hoping to take a day trip to the Grand Canyon. I've always wanted to go there, so hopefully we'll make it!
This trip is going to cross out a few things off of my 101 in 1001 Days list:

#14: Visit Las Vegas
#26: Go to a casino

#72: Do something special for our 1 year anniversary

Have any of you ever been to the Grand Canyon? Any tour recommendations?

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

I have been to the Grand Canyon but we didn't go on an actual tour, just took the little trolley around and stopped at the different places we wanted to see. But I do think a tour would be a great way to see it, we just didn't plan ahead.

Your trip sounds like it will be so fun!