Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Setback & The Fireplace

I'd been planning on keeping up with post about the house, but life happened. And it happened hard.

My older brother was involved in a freak accident on March 5th. He was hit with a falling tree and suffered a traumatic brain injury. For a full week he was in a medically induced coma, then this past Wednesday they decided to move him to a hospital 3+ hours from where we live.

He has made leaps and bounds in improvements since the accident, but he has a long road ahead. We're all pretty confident at this point that he'll make a recovery. Now, how he is after said recovery remains to be seen.

All I know is that if I never hear "I'm honestly shocked he's alive" from another Doctor or Nurse again, that will be just fine with me.

SO. With that happening, I haven't been working on the house stuff as much as originally planned. We're still on a deadline though, and since sleep is over-rated anyway, the show must go on.

On to the fireplace... you may remember this ugly wood paneling:


*POOF* no more wood paneling. I ripped it off myself, it was oddly therapeutic!


Jamie took care of the drywall:

And they we FINALLY got to paint the living room! I've been looking forward the getting my perfect blue-gray (Dutch Boy 'Boardwalk Blue') wall painted since we bought the house :)


The paint is wet in that photo - but once it dried... gah.. I LOVE IT. It really makes the fireplace pop out. I'm fairly certain it will look even better once the green carpet is gone!

I don't think I've posted a photo of this yet. There is a built-in next to the fireplace - I'm not really sure what to do with it...

What would you use this for?

Books? Photos? Booze? Something else?

No comments: