I suppose I should get this posted... seeing as he'll be 10 (10!!) months in only 6 days!
Nine Month Stats:
Weight: Still a peanut at 16lbs 15oz (10th%)
Height: 28.5" (63rd%)
Clothing: All 6-9 month. 9 month footed sleepers for sure, he has a long torso and legs just like Mama.
Diapers: Cloth at home, still size 2 swaddlers/baby dry at daycare.
Eating: While his milk intake never fully recovered after that ear infection, he's doing GREAT with solids.
He's still nursing an average of 7x per day. Sometimes more if he's having a particularly rough night. For bottles he generally doesn't take more than 4oz at a time, more like 3oz actually. Over the course of 5 bottles on a typical day away from me, he will take about 18oz (on a good day).
He's a champ when it comes to solids. With as much as he eats, you'd think he would weigh 30 pounds. I don't know where he puts it all! We're doing a mix of purees and finger foods right now. I'm just trying to figure out what to give him for finger foods! I got a suggestion of grilled cheese... I LOVE grilled cheese, so I think that might be the next thing we try. Then maybe jelly and cream cheese on toast!
Sleep: Sleep... what's sleep? We're really all over the map here. Some nights he has a great night, with maybe one wake up. Then the next night he's up every hour it seems. I really kind of miss my good sleeper!
Naps are slowly getting better. On daycare days, he usually takes a decent nap in the morning then he'll stay awake allll day only to take a late afternoon nap (about 30-60 minutes) from about 4:45 to 5:30. Then he'll be in bed between 7:30 and 8.
The negative of the early bed time is that he gets up really stinkin' early! The only way he seems to sleep past 6am is if we bring him to bed with us. It's a bad habit to get into, but for that extra hour + of sleep? I'll deal with awkward sleeping positions and lack of space. Although my husband is usually the one that has to share the bed, since I leave for work pretty early.
Playing: This kid... he's gets into EVERYTHING! His new favorite things include: The Dog (poor Oscar), The Dogs food and water, our shoes... and pretty much anything else that isn't actually a toy!
The other night he spent a good 10 minutes just chasing the dog around the living room. Oscar doesn't know what to think.
Other Things: Charlie is now a crawling machine! He started crawling about a month ago (August 20th) and gains speed everyday.
You know the first thing he went after? Oscars dirty, gross stuffed duck. They race for that stinky duck on a regular basis. All those nice baby toys are over rated anyway :P
We made our first trip to Urgent Care - diagnosis: ear infection #2 and pink eye :( My poor peanut. We went because he woke up with his eye all crusted shut, not having any idea about the ear infection. He wasn't running a fever at all, unlike last time where his fever was scary high.
He had to be on two different kinds of antibiotics. One of those is eye drops - baby eye drops are just cruel in my opinion! This coming from a grown woman who can't put anything even remotely near her eye... yes, cruel.
Charlie has a TOOTH!! His very first one. It started poking it's way through shortly after he got sick. Just the one so far, but I'm sure there will be more on the way soon.
Here are a few shots from his 9 Month photo shoot:
Charlie has a TOOTH!! His very first one. It started poking it's way through shortly after he got sick. Just the one so far, but I'm sure there will be more on the way soon.
Here are a few shots from his 9 Month photo shoot:















No comments:
Post a Comment