Friday, August 17, 2012

Eight Months


Eight Month Stats:
Weight: Guessing about 16 or 17 pounds (this according to our bathroom scale)
Height:  Another guess here - about 29", maybe more
Clothing: Pretty much all 6-9 now. He just grew overnight and all of a sudden a ton of stuff was too small!
Diapers: We switched to cloth! Part time anyway. He's still in size 2 disposables for daycare.



Eating: Ugh.. this area has been somewhat of a mess. Ever since his ear infection, his appetite for milk has never fully recovered. I'm constantly worried that he's not getting enough milk, but I've been assured that he's fine.

He went from 4-5oz bottles while away from me, to barely taking 10-12oz maximum during that same time frame. I've been assured that this is normal, an ounce an hour is ok I guess. It doesn't stop me from worrying though! First time Momma issues I guess.. haha

When it comes to nursing, things are still going really well. I feel really fortunate that I've been able to continue this long! He's finally picking up the pace now after months of being super pokey, so that's really nice!

Figuring out his new straw cup!

Solids... the kid LOVES his solids. He's an eating machine most days. He gets three solid meals a day, sometimes taking up to 7oz of food at lunch and dinner!! I guess that could be contributing to his lower milk intake as well. Yogurt and applesauce with cinnamon are some of his favorites.
LOVES yogurt!!
Not so sure about meat... aka 'liquid yuck'.
We've been introducing finger foods lately. He loves to feed himself! Pancakes, pasta, cheese and cucumbers have been big hits!

It's ok to play with your food when you're a baby :)
Sleeping: Not much of a change here. For a while he was getting up twice a night instead of just once. I feel like that had more to do with refusing his bottle during the day than anything else. Other than that, there were no real changes.

He still naps like crap. I'm considering "nap training". I know that can be a touchy subject, and it's not for everyone, but something needs to be done. I don't think he's getting as much sleep as he should be.

Playing: He's getting to be SO MUCH FUN! He plays an interacts a lot more now. He wants to be right in the action.

He loves banging toys on the ground or banging things together. He likes blocks and trucks and, of course, anything that makes a bunch of noise :)

We build him block towers and he loves to knock them down. He looks so surprised when it falls, but it's usually followed by a big smile!

Other Things: On August 1st, he got himself from laying to sitting! He's been moving around like crazy since then.

He's still not crawling, but he's soooooo close. It will be anytime now I think. He scoots around and gets where he needs to go by rolling, sitting up, flopping over and rolling over again... it's really quite the production! I almost feel bad having to pick him up and move him away from something he shouldn't be near (almost ;)), since he works so hard to get there! 

It's only a matter of time before the real craziness begins!

We've had a few random fevers and a cold in the last month. Sick baby makes me sad:

My sick little peanut :(
As I mentioned earlier, we made the switch to cloth diapering! I think there's a lot of misconceptions about modern cloth diapering -- it's nothing like the old-school pins and plastic pants!! They're a lot like disposables now, the only difference is you throw them in the wash instead of the trash.

Playing with Sophie in his Kawaii diaper!
I was able to complete a whole stash for very little money, and now we only need to buy diapers for daycare (they don't do cloth), which isn't very often. They money savings alone was enough to convince me to switch... my husband on the other hand... he was a little tougher to convince :) I'll post more about the switch in the days/weeks to come.

We had some family photos taken on August 11th, I should have the CD in a few weeks, I'll share my favorites when I get them!

Here's more cuteness until next time :)

He's getting so big!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You are a great mom Michelle! You can see what a happy little man he is and growing so quickly:). Charlie is such a cutie!