Saturday, October 13, 2012

Ten Months



Ten Month Stats:
Weight: My best guess is about 18lbs
Height:  29"ish, maybe 30"
Clothing: 6-9 month, borderline 9 month sleepers. He'll probably be in 12 month sleepers soon.
Diapers: Cloth at home, Size 2 or 3 in disposables at daycare
Eating
This kid LOVES to feed himself. We've made the switch to mostly finger foods now. He'll still eat purees, but seems to prefer the independence of doing it himself.
Snack time!
I'm completely ok with that! He has his new freedom, and therefore so does Mom :) While he's eating his dinner (between 5/530), I can park his high chair in the kitchen right next to me while I make up his bottles for the next day, make dinner and "chat" with him.

I've noticed that he doesn't seem to be a big "breakfast person", he eats very little in the way of solids for breakfast. Usually just a little fruit and maybe some Cheerios or raisins. However, at the other meals? Look out! This kid eats like a horse!

(I'm going to *knock on wood* for this next statement)... I haven't had to nurse him overnight for a little over a week now!! So now we're down to 6 nursing sessions and/or bottles per day. Once he started with 3 meals and 2 snacks per day, he seemed ready to drop that overnight feed.

Sleep
It seems that the last month may have been a phase. He was going through a lot of developmental changes, so that may have been the reason behind all the night waking. The last few weeks have been great!

His naps are still crap most days, but I'm trying to figure out a solution to that.

We've had an issue with him being a super early riser as of late. This makes me nervous for Daylight Savings Time!! Those 5:30 wake ups could easily become 4:30 wake ups... YIKES. I'm wondering if trying to push back his bedtime a bit (maybe by 30 minutes or so) might help him sleep a little later? We may give it a shot.

Playing
Gogogogogogo.... this seems to be the theme over the last month :) Charlie is a champion speed crawler and is always up for a rousing game of "I'm Gonna Get You!!".

And he's off!!
He's at such a fun age. You can just see the little wheels turning all the time. If you show him how to do something, he usually will try to imitate what you've shown him. It's really neat to watch him learn new things all the time.


I scored a great deal on the Fisher Price Laugh & Learn Farm at a rummage sale a few weeks ago, he LOVES this thing. LOVES.

Exciting eggs!
For whatever reason, his favorite part seems to be the plain white eggs that came with it. Not sure why, but whatever!

Other Things
Charlie can pull himself up on pretty much anything now. Once in a while he will shuffle his feet and walk a little, but it doesn't happen too often (yet!).

So proud of himself :)

He has tooth number 2!!! The second one just kind of popped out over night. So now he has his two middle teeth on the bottom. It's pretty cute :)


We're in the process of planning Charlies first birthday party! I can't believe in less than two months we will have a ONE YEAR OLD. Time certainly has flown!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

So cute! OMG my Emma is 18 lbs and is only 6 months!

Michelle said...

Yeah, he's a peanut! He's tall, but skinny :)