Saturday, February 11, 2012

Two Months

I can't believe it's been 2 whole months already. I have a feeling every one of these monthly posts will start this way ;)

Charlie is developing quite the little personality already. He smiles and coos more and more everyday. He does this weird little 'Sesame Street Count' laugh, but no real giggles or laughs yet, I can't wait for those!

Two Month Stats:
Weight: 9 pounds 12 ounces (15th %)
Height: 23 1/4" (71st %)
Clothing: He's in all 0-3 and 3 month. The 3 month Carter's clothing seem to fit his long and narrow frame the best, especially the onsies.
Diapers: Pampers Swaddlers Size 1


Charlie decided to put himself on a schedule when he was about a month old. Surprisingly, he's stuck with it (knock on wood!)! He's a little creature of habit, just like Mommy! I hope he keeps this up when I go back to work... which is March 1st. Knowing a time when he's going to be ready to nurse or nap makes my days go a lot easier. I have a feeling that changing his environment is going to throw a monkey wrench in our little bubble though. Only time will tell.


Here's to hoping that we win the Powerball so I don't have to go back to work in a few weeks!! :)



In looking at his one month photos, I can't believe how much he's changed already!


When he was just about a month old, we decided it was time to transition him into his crib and his own room. I was a little unsure about it, and admittedly a nervous wreck the first night, but it went really well!! For his first two weeks home he was in the Rock 'N Play by our bed, then in the Pack 'N Play for two weeks. He's been in the crib for a month now.

He just looks so tiny in that big space!
He sleeps well at night, for which I'm SUPER grateful. We started somewhat of a bedtime "routine" a few weeks ago and it seems to be working well. He gets a 3.5oz bottle at about 7/7:30, then gets a fresh diaper and PJ's and is out for the night between 8:30 and 9. Most nights we're able to lay him down when he's drowsy but still awake, and he puts himself to sleep. After he's out, he's asleep until 3 or 4 in the morning, wakes up to nurse, then back to sleep until about 6 and up for the day by about 7.

He doesn't seem to be a fan of napping during the day. Some days he'll sleep a ton, but other days I have to fight to get him to take a 20 minute nap. I'm hoping that daycare will be able to help get him on a more consistent nap schedule over time.

Charlie started to smile this past month. His first official smile was on January 18th. It seems like as soon as I get the camera out, he stops smiling! The little stinker :) I'm still working on getting him to smile for the camera. He started cooing like crazy too, it's so stinking cute!

We're keeping up with tummy time and his neck and back muscles are getting stronger everyday. He does really well supporting his own head when we're holding him against our chests.


Oscar seems to be getting used to having Charlie around all the time. He's still pretty anxious, especially at night lately, but it seems as though he likes to be close to Charlie almost all the time. He stopped sleeping in our bed with us at night, we think the noise from the baby monitor must bother him. We try our best to pay him a lot of attention, but it's really hard sometimes. I feel bad for my puppy :( I hope things get better with him soon.


Charlie had his two month shots this past week, he did pretty great with them. Of course, he cried like mad when he got the shots, but afterwards he was all smiles! He had one oral and three shots this time around.


I'm adjusting to Motherhood. I think. I learn something new almost everyday! It's definitely an adventure, that's for sure.

As I previously mentioned, I will be going back to work on March 1st. While I'm excited to have some adult interaction on a regular basis, I'm mega sad that I won't get to spend every day with my little peanut :( He'll be with Grandma on Mondays and Fridays, and at daycare on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. I hope that works out to be a good balance to help him get used to being around other kids and caregivers that aren't family.

In the meantime, I'm trying my best to enjoy all the time I get to spend with him. Once I go back to work I'll really cherish the weekends, I'm sure.

We did a little Valentine's Day photo shoot the other day with Charlie and Oscar... here's a little preview of that (more to come soon!):



And here are a few random photos from the past month:




No comments: