Friday, December 9, 2011

So many ideas

So little time!

I really wish I would have ventured into the world of Pinterest earlier.

There are just SO MANY IDEAS. It's almost overwhelming. I've always been a fairly crafty person, and with the amount of spare time I had before, these things gave me something to do. So go figure I would find this website when I'm pregnant and my free time is about to become non-exsitant. Oh well.

I just wanted to share a few great projects that I want to try sometime in the next 18 years or so ;)

Since Christmas is coming up, I'll start with the holiday ideas!

Snowmen Ornaments (Simply Cute Creations)

Are these not adorable? And not to mention super easy.


Supplies: clear glass ornaments, fake snow, sharpie paint markers, baby socks (for the hats) and ribbon to make the hanger

***** 

Play Felt Tree & Ornaments (Johnny in a Dress)

I'm hoping to make this for next year, since baby will be big enough to play with it by then!


Supplies: Various colors of felt (about 1 yard for the tree) and hot glue if you want any of the pieces to be permanent.

It's that easy! Felt sticks to felt, so that's all you really need!

***** 


Inexpensive and easy!

Supplies: Any thick wire, copper or just the plain steel stuff, foam cones

***** 

Jingle Shadow Box (Blue Eyed Blessings)

Completely customizable, you could probably do different themes for different seasons.


Supplies: Shadow box frame (any size - 8x8 is used in the tutorial), jingle bells, scrapbook paper and ribbon

The words could be done many different ways. The tutorial uses vinyl, but this could be done with stamps, stencils or could even be handwritten.

***** 

And now for a few non-holiday ideas...

Frosted Vases (Mark Montano Blog)


Supplies: Jars in different sizes, Yarn, Masking tape, White Krylon spray paint, Fabric cut on the bias 1 1/2" wide by 10" per jar, Tea lights

These call for white spray paint, but I'm sure they could easily be done in other colors as well. Easy to match to any decor. You can even buy different size glass vases for $1 each at Dollar Tree!

***** 

Puzzle Pillows
There is no real tutorial that I could find, but seriously, how fun would this be?


A pattern would be beyond easy to DIY for this. Once I finally get around to making it, I'll be sure to share! I think this would be a lot of fun for a little kid to play with, not to mention me :)

***** 

Scrap Fabric Hoodie
Again, there's no tutorial. If you have sewing knowledge, you should be able to make this!


Super cute and completely custom! All you need is a plain, cheap hoodie, scrap fabric and some sewing skills. I really want to make one of these, so when I do, I'll post a step-by-step for sure. No guarantee on when that will happen, but hopefully sooner rather than later.

*****
Styrofoam Wall Art (styrofoamcrafts.com)

Cute, inexpensive, easy and easily customized!


Supplies: Styrofoam sheets, scrapbook paper or fabric, ruler, paintbrush, craft glue, picture hangers

I really want to make something like this for our house, but I have no idea where I'd put it! Maybe I'll make a cute kid one for the nursery or something. I need more empty walls!

*****

I think I'll stop here for now. I could probably do four full posts just on owl themed things alone.. haha. I love owls, they're just so stinkin' cute! I'll stop and save those ideas for another day.

Once I get around to finally making some of these things, I will be sure to share!

Be sure to share your finished products and tips if you decide to make any of these, I want to see how others do with these. I hope you guys like the ideas as much as I do.

Happy crafting!

No comments: