Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pic Prep

I can't wait to take newborn photos of our little guy!

I may have developed a bit of a baby hat obsession... there's just so many cute things out there. I hope these fit him!

All three of these are from the wonderfully crafty people on Etsy.

From left to right:
Striped Pom Hat in dark blue/baby blue from BabiesBugsandBees
Basic Beanie in soft green from BabiesBugsandBees
Owl Hat in brown/blue/green from Jojo's Bootique

I love all three of them and so far am very pleased with the quality. I spent a little more on the owl hat than I would've liked, but it's so darn cute that I think it's worth it!

I have a talented friend, Kelly, who has recently taken up crocheting. I asked her if she would be interested in making me a couple of diaper covers. Here is what she came up with:


Not bad for a beginner, huh? They turned out GREAT!! She doesn't have an Etsy shop yet, but I'm sure she will soon. And when she does, I'll be sure to let you all know!

I have a ton of photo ideas that I'm itching to try out, so hopefully he's a cooperative baby.. *fingers crossed* I'm planning to do his newborn photo shoot by the time he's 7 days old, so as soon as those photos are ready and birth announcements have been mailed, I'll be sure to share my favorite photos here. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

Oh so cute!! I can't wait to see the photos you take. Hopefully he is cooperative. ;) I think that doing it arond a week old will be perfect, they are very sleepy and squishy then(in the best way possible) so it is the perfect time to do it. I can't wait to "meet" him soon! :)

Liz said...

Cute Michelle! We didn't get to do our newborn pix until he was almost 4 weeks old, so doing it at a week old should be really good since we couldn't get all the poses we wanted to. He should still be super flexible at a week old :) Can't wait to see them!!