Monday, December 26, 2011

Pacified

Let me just start off by saying that I feel a little used.

I had this idea in my mind that pacifiers were these big, bad, horrible things. I didn't really want to give one to my child.

Well guess what? I caved.


And you know what? I think it was a great decision.

I've been exclusively breastfeeding Charlie, so one of my main concerns was the so-called "nipple confusion". Now I'm starting to question weather or not that really happens, or if it just occasionally happens?

Well, all in the same day, Charlie was breastfed, took a bottle from Daddy for the first time AND got a pacifier. And you know what? Everything is perfectly fine! He takes all three without any issues *knock on wood*

I had a feeling from the time we were in the hospital that he was "using me", so to speak. He would go on these marathon nursing sessions that would stretch into hours. Seems as though he was using me as a human pacifier. Let me tell you, during those early days, that's extremely frustrating.

Now, since the pacifier intro, the time of his nursing sessions has been much shorter - and for that I am VERY grateful!

I know it will probably be a habit we need to break him of somewhere down the line, but I think a pacifier will be easier to take away than a thumb. Time will tell!

1 comment:

Kel Klump said...

I agree with you. We struggled with that decision but the pacifier was much better than the thumb she craved. Good luck!