Saturday, September 3, 2011

The "Ber" Months

It's September.

You know what that means right? We've officially entered the months that end with 'ber'.

By the last of those aforementioned months, baby N will have arrived! 

Am I excited? Nervous? Scared out of my mind? Anxious?
One simple answer: You bet I am.

Today marks 100 days until my due date of December 12th. That in itself is pretty crazy to think about. I started clearing the little things out of the office today, now I'm waiting for Jamie to get home to possibly move some of the bigger stuff.

The crib arrived this week, that giant box is now hanging out where the refrigerator and stove were -- in the dining room. The dresser should arrive by this coming Wednesday I think. The only piece of furniture that we don't have yet for the nursery is the glider.
My DIY bedding is coming along. The quilt and bumper are just about done and I'll be starting on the crib skirt and valances soon.

I've also decided how I want to decorate the walls, but that will be one of the last things to get done in there. It may or may not involve this cute little guy:


I have a couple other things up my sleeve for decor as well, but you'll see those when it's all done!

On the kitchen front, as I mentioned earlier, the refrigerator and stove are no longer in the dining room! They are in their rightful places and I even got to cook a little for the first time really since May - earning me a nice blister on my wrist I might add. Ouch.

The plumbing will be done soon and after that it's all just finishing touches. Almost done! I'll have pictures this weekend - so keep an eye out for those.

No comments: