Sunday, August 21, 2011

Sew Cute

I got a pretty good start on the nursery goodies over the weekend.

After looking more closely at the patterns I purchased, I realized that they were using pre-made quilt panels. Yuck. Where's the fun in that?

So, I had to wing it a bit and come up with my own pattern for the quilt front and the bumper panels:

Thank God for all those quilting classes I took in high school or I would have been majorly screwed!

I used the measurements provided in the pattern pack and went from there. I'll pretty much be making the quilt from the pattern I have in my head (and what you see above), but the remainder of the bumper will be using the pattern I purchased. As will the valances and the crib skirt. I also found a really cute pattern for a changing pad cover that I'll be making if I have enough fabric leftover.

So yesterday I got all of the fabric ironed and my squares cut for the quilt front and the bumper panels:

This morning I sewed everything together:

I probably won't have much time to work on anything during the week, but by the end of next weekend I will likely have the quilt done and most of the bumper.

That's all for now! It's coming along nicely.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Looking good so far!!