SUMMARY from Goodreads
Until that September of 1952, Luke Chandler had never kept a secret or told a single lie. But in the long, hot summer of his seventh year, two groups of migrant workers — and two very dangerous men — came through the Arkansas Delta to work the Chandler cotton farm. And suddenly mysteries are flooding Luke’s world.
A brutal murder leaves the town seething in gossip and suspicion. A beautiful young woman ignites forbidden passions. A fatherless baby is born ... and someone has begun furtively painting the bare clapboards of the Chandler farmhouse, slowly, painstakingly, bathing the run-down structure in gleaming white. And as young Luke watches the world around him, he unravels secrets that could shatter lives — and change his family and his town forever....
A brutal murder leaves the town seething in gossip and suspicion. A beautiful young woman ignites forbidden passions. A fatherless baby is born ... and someone has begun furtively painting the bare clapboards of the Chandler farmhouse, slowly, painstakingly, bathing the run-down structure in gleaming white. And as young Luke watches the world around him, he unravels secrets that could shatter lives — and change his family and his town forever....
MY RATING:
MY THOUGHTS:
The book was ok. It's very different from what I normally read. I gave it a shot because I picked it up for just 25 cents at a book sale.
The characters were intriguing. The point of view was something different, in that you see everything through the eyes of a 7 year old boy. I think that was what made the story interesting.
It's a good book, with a good story, I just had to be in the right mood to read it otherwise I would quickly get bored with it.





No comments:
Post a Comment