Saturday, February 19, 2011

Color Change

After a few years with green and yellow walls (not what was planned, we wanted tan), I decided it was time for a change. The dining room and entry way needed a mini overhaul, so a new paint color was the quick fix.

The Packers winning the Super Bowl may have pushed me into the change a bit too. I've seen enough Green and Yellow (Gold...whatever) to last me a lifetime at work, I don't need to see it home too. Even if it is a muted version. I digress.

Anywho, here are some before and after shots....

BEFORE

 AFTER

The paint color is Behr Belgian Sweet in an eggshell finish. It looks delicious, like chocolate ice cream while is still in the can and like a milk chocolate candy bar once it's dry!

I really love the way it turned out. The darker walls really offset the sage green walls that were already there and make the white wood trim pop. I know the small entry way looks a bit dark in the photos, but in person it's really not that bad.

Overall, I think it was a good decision!

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oooh I really love that color! It looks really great. Now you have mint chocolate chip walls.

Anonymous said...

Love the color!

Michelle said...

Now I'm kinda hungry for mint chocolate chip ice cream... thanks Emily!!! lol