Six Month Stats:
Weight: 13lbs 14oz at 6 month check up, 14lbs 5oz as of yesterday
Height: 27"
Clothing: He's wearing a big mix of sizes right now, it depends on the brand and/or article of clothing. He still fits into some 0-3 zip-up sweatshirts, wears 3-6 month in almost everything else, but needs 6-9 month footed sleeper
Diapers: Fits well in size 2's now
![]() |
| These photos are getting increasingly difficult... |
Eating: Well, without getting into a ton of detail here (because I don't like talking about it), we've started increasing his bottle amount to 5oz in some and 4oz in others.
Long story short, he's having some issues gaining weight. He's otherwise completely happy and healthy, he's just tiny - 2nd percentile at his 6 month check-up. We're working with his doctor and saw a specialist to do what we can to help him gain.
He still nurses or takes a bottle 7 times per day, and is now eating solids 3 times per day. The solids are hit or miss, it depends on his mood. He's now tried avocado, banana, sweet peas, sweet potatoes, green beans, carrots, pears, apples, squash.... and probably something else I'm missing!
I'm still making (most of) Charlies food, and that's going really well. One of these years I'll make a post about my process for that.
Charlies LOVES MumMum Crackers!! There are some days where he actually whines until you give him one during "meal" time.. it's a little ridiculous!
Sleeping: Still a lot of the same here.
The only new development is that he now puts himself to sleep in his crib at night! Which is WONDERFUL!! Either Jamie or I gets him in his PJ's, then we lay him down, turn on the Sea Horse and Charlie does the rest of the work.
![]() |
| This is what happens when we don't nap! |
Naps are still a struggle, but I'm grateful that his night time sleep is good.
Playing: Charlie is so much more interested in toys now. He loves his keys and the keyboard part of his Kick & Grow Piano. He finally figured out Sophie the giraffe and chews on her all the time.
He jumps in his jumperoo like a crazy kid too, it's funny to watch!
Other Things: He can now sit up really well! He still face plants on occasion, but his stability gets better everyday.
I took him swimming for the first time a few weeks ago. He really loved it! I knew he would since he loves bath time so much. He had a lot of fun kicking and splashing in the water. His aunt, older niece, nephews we in the pool, he liked watching the older kids swim around. I hope we can get him in there at least a few more times this summer!













No comments:
Post a Comment