Monday, May 21, 2012

Five Months


Five Month Stats:
Weight: 13 1/2 ish lbs
Height:  28"ish
Clothing: He's in almost all 3-6 month clothes now. He's still fits into some 0-3 due to his slender build.
Diapers: Still in Pampers Swaddlers or Baby Dry Size 1. We tried a 2 on him and could practically wrap it around his skinny little waist twice!



Finally, some smiles!!
Awwww!

Eating: Same old, same old in this department. Charlie has been speeding up his slow poke nursing sessions a bit. Sometimes we're down to 20-30 minutes instead of 40-60. Progress!!

Bottle amount is still holding steady at 4oz. I don't foresee that changing soon, if at all.

First time with cereal. Don't let the eager arms fool you!
We bit the bullet and started him on some solid food. I had planned to wait until 6 months, but he was showing some signs of being ready. We tried a bit of cereal first, he was NOT a fan!!
Not impressed with the cereal!
On his 5 month birthday, we tried some avocado! That went over much better than the cereal. He's still not to sure about the whole spoon thing, but we're working on it. He only gets one "meal" a day of solids for now.

Avocado pairs well with feet, yes?
We also tried sweet potatoes, he wasn't to sure about those - although the following picture would lead you to believe otherwise :)
Happy about sweet potatoes? Maybe.
I've decided to make my own baby food, so last weekend I made up a batch of sweet potatoes and froze them in cubes. I made 25oz of food for only $2.00! I'll post more about that later.

**

Sleeping: Again, not much has changed here. Still sleeping great at night and refusing naps!

There was about a weeks time when he napped great, but I think he may have just been growing during that time. Because since then, he's been back to his usual non-napping, cute little self :) He will randomly throw in an hour long nap here and there, when that happens, it's FANTASTIC!!

When he DOES nap, we're working on getting him to nap in his crib at home. He prefers the Rock 'N Play for naps, but soon we won't be able to use that anymore. I just don't understand why he can sleep so great at night in his crib, but struggles so much with naps? Oh well, we're working at it.

My little non-napper :)
**

Playing: Charlie puts EVERYTHING in his mouth now. If he can grab it, it's going in his mouth.

He's become much more aware of what's going on around him, and fixates on a single toy until he gets bored with that and moves on.

We brought out his Jumperoo, and he seems to enjoy hanging out in there. He hasn't quite got the whole jumping/bouncing thing figured out yet, but he's getting there. For now he like to sit up in his jumper, I think he just enjoys the change of view!

Little jumper!

The kid is a little rolling machine when he wants to be. Other times he refuses to roll and just gets mad, but normally he'll flip himself. He can go in both directions and do multiple rolls. He seems to like it when I lay on the floor with him, a little ways away, so he can roll over a few times to get to me. It's so cute, he gets as close as he can and just plays with my face.. haha

He loves toys with music, but hasn't quite figured out how to start the music himself. Although it does happen on accident sometimes.

**

Other Things: He's working on sitting up on his own. He can hold himself in the tri-pod position for short periods of time... before someone has to catch him to prevent a face plant! I don't think it will be too much longer before he's sitting unassisted, maybe by 6 months. A few times, he has been able to sit hands free, but it doesn't last too long. He's SO CLOSE! I'm hoping he'll be fully sitting on his own by the time we're ready for his 6 month photo shoot :)

Upright and happy!
I try to get him outside more often now that it's nice out. He enjoys stroller rides, sometimes he dozes of.

**

Me: We celebrated our first Mother's Day! We didn't do anything big, Mommy got to "sleep in" until almost 7, which was pretty nice. I received two new charms for my Pandora bracelet - Charlies birthstone and a camera charm - now I have 5 charms and 2 spacers :) Oh I also got a Snickers Blast from Kewaunee Custard shop which was super yummy!

I'm still tired and still trying to figure out some "me-time", it's a constant battle, but I'm sure I'll get it figured out in time!

P.S. I know, I'm a slacker Mommy. He's almost 5 1/2 months and I'm just posting this now. Oops!

No comments: