Charlie is three months old! He's getting quite the personality :)
Three Month Stats:
Weight: About 12 1/2ish pounds
Height: 25" -- based on a tape measure measurement.. haha
Clothing: He fits nicely into 0-3. He's starting to outgrow some of it height-wise. I think I put away 3 or 4 sleepers this past weekend. He wears the Gerber 3-6 month onsies.
Diapers: Pampers Swaddlers or Baby Dry Size 1
He's getting so big and cute I can hardly stand it! How can you not smile when you look at his sweet little face?
I'm going to change up my format a bit this month. I really like how my friend Emily has her monthly posts set up, so I'm going to take a spin off that to hopefully keep things a little more organized!
Eating: We've made it three whole months of exclusively breastfeeding! After a rough start, I'm really happy to have made it this far. Charlie is still a pretty slow nurser/bottle drinker though. Sometimes taking up to an hour to feed. We just try to be patient with him and make sure he gets what he needs.
He still has himself on his self-created schedule, which I'm 100% OK with - I love schedules! The majority of the time he's eating 7 times in a 24 hour period. When he takes a bottle, he generally takes 4oz, but sometimes can't quite finish it all. So far we haven't had any issues going between bottle and breast, which is a good thing.
**
Sleeping: I always get nervous when I talk about Charlies sleeping habits. I feel as though taking about it will jinx it and mess everything up!
He's really great about sleeping at night. We've been doing a bedtime "routine" for a little over a month now, and most nights he goes to sleep pretty easily. He gets a bottle around 7PM, then a diaper change and PJ's. We rock him for a bit and then he's out for the night until 4:30am. I feed him and he goes back down till about 7ish. Once in a while he'll get up an extra time around 1 or 2am, but usually not. I'll take this though, I've heard some nightmare stories about baby sleep habits. Those scare me! I'm so grateful that he's a good sleeper so far **knock on wood**
![]() |
| Charlies odd nap position! |
Now nap time is a whole other story. I don't understand how some parents get their babies to take naps that are HOURS long. This is a completely foreign thing to me. Charlie will once in a while take a nap that's close to an hour, but it's usually only about 30 minutes tops. He's a cat-napper I guess. It's ok though, he's still a happy baby, so I guess he's getting what he needs.
**
Playing: He's becoming more aware of toys and everything around him. He LOVES his Kick & Play Piano gym. He has a little frog toy that he always seems mesmerized with as well - it rattles, vibrates and has a little shiny area on it's belly. When he's in his bouncy seat, he likes to stare at the birds above him.
![]() |
| Playing on his piano gym! |
He can't quite purposely grasp onto things yet, but he will hold onto toys if you put them in his hand. Once in a while he will accidentally hook something in the midst of his arm/leg flailing sessions. He always looks a bit shocked when that happens, like "What the heck?? How did I do that?!"
Charlie is a BIG kicker. A lot of times he's just content to lay on a blanket, kick his legs and coo up a storm. The more you talk to him, the more he kicks.
For some reason, he loves it when I sing to him. I have no idea why, I certainly don't have the voice of an angel or anything! He especially gets a kick out of the ABC's, I guess that could be a good thing.
**
Other Things: We had Charlie Baptized on March 4th. He did really well and only looked really shocked when the water touched his head, but he didn't scream or anything. We took the family out to brunch afterwards, it was a pretty good day! He wore his Great Grandfathers baptism gown, which is now 103 YEARS OLD. I was so scared he would spit up on it, thank goodness he didn't!
![]() |
| Dad, Charlie & Mom at Baptism |
His head control is getting better all the time. He's not quite ready for things like the Bumbo, or a jumperoo type thing. I tried both of them over the weekend, and all he wanted to do was fling himself forward and chew on his shirt. So I put them away and we'll try again in a couple weeks!
![]() |
| Tummy time - working on those neck muscles! |
We're experiencing some really warm weather, considering it's March in Wisconsin. We got the stroller out and we're going to try and take him for his first stroller ride in the next few days. We strapped him in there on Tuesday night and he was all smiley and happy about it, so hopefully he'll like it just as much once we actually get it out of the living room.
My Mom (who baby-sits twice a week) claims that he giggles and laughs - but neither Jamie or I have heard it yet! He sort of laughed once about a week ago, but since then we've heard not a peep of laughter. Tons of cooing and smiling, but no laughs. Maybe we're just not funny enough for him or something!
**
Me: Ah me. Well, as I previously mentioned, I'm back to work now. It's tough to find balance. Like, really tough. I'm in serious need of some life organization.
My days are full from 4am until I close my eyes at night (at a time I will not share, because it makes me sounds WAY old), I'm going non-freaking-stop. I wake up, feed Charlie, get ready for work, commute to work, work all day, pick up Charlie, wash bottles, feed Charlie, make dinner, make bottles, do bath time, get all my crap together for the next day, get Charlie to bed, then promptly pass out myself.
Then, I get up the next day and do it all over again.
Jamie and I alternate doing bedtime, so that gives me a little time every other day. But I'm usually making bottles or my lunch during that time.
I won't lie and say I'm not exhausted, because I totally am. I have a feeling it will be that way for at least the next... oh I don't know.. 18 years or so?












No comments:
Post a Comment