"Don't Breathe A Word" by Jennifer McMahon
SUMMARY from Goodreads
On a soft summer night
in Vermont, twelve-year-old Lisa went into the woods behind her house
and never came out again. Before she disappeared, she told her little
brother, Sam, about a door that led to a magical place where she would
meet the King of the Fairies and become his queen.
Fifteen years
later, Phoebe is in love with Sam, a practical, sensible man who doesn't
fear the dark and doesn't have bad dreams--who, in fact, helps Phoebe
ignore her own. But suddenly the couple is faced with a series of eerie,
unexplained occurrences that challenge Sam's hardheaded, realistic view
of the world. As they question their reality, a terrible promise Sam
made years ago is revealed--a promise that could destroy them all.
MY RATING
MY THOUGHTS
Two words: Holy. Crap.
This book was not really at all what I expected. It really through me for a loop.. but in a good way!
The Summary doesn't even scrape the surface of the weird journey this book will take you on. From the very beginning I was making speculations and predictions. Then, all of a sudden, something would happen and all those ideas would be tossed out.
It's a story that pushes your imagination to it's limits and really make you question the sanity of the characters -- who really has the issues? Even at the very end, you're still wondering, left to come to your own conclusion.
A roller coaster, that's for sure. But I would totally recommend it, right along with all the other Jennifer McMahon books I've read.
***
I did a crazy thing and joined not one, but TWO book clubs! I'm hoping that will force me into some different directions as far as books go. We'll see, hopefully it will expand my literary preferences a bit!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comment:
This sounds great! Very different from most plots. Added to my list!
Post a Comment