"Delirium" by Lauren Oliver
SUMMARY from Goodreads
THEY SAY that the cure for Love will make me happy and safe forever. And I've always believed them. Until now.
Now everything has changed. Now, I'd rather be infected with love for the tiniest sliver of a second than live a hundred years smothered by a lie.
MY RATING
MY THOUGHTS
The gist of this book is that Love is a disease. Being cured will solve all your problems and you will go on to live a happy life in a controlled environment.
My first thought on that was "what a crock of crap", but in all honesty, the theme makes for a pretty great story line! There is, of course, the typical love story that you would expect. That in turn leads to a daring escape of sorts once the truth about what's going on comes out.
It's a pretty great story and very well written considering it's a Young Adult novel. It's part of a three book series, I'm currently reading the second and the third is due out in early March.
Would I recommend it? Sure. It's a good read and I'm a sucker for series books!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment