Weight: About 20lbs
Height: I'll say 31"
Clothing: A mix of 6-9 month onesies/shirts/pants and 12 month footed sleepers
Diapers: Cloth at home, Size 3 DisposablesEating:
He's doing pretty well with finger foods as of late. He's eating three solid meals a day and two small snacks. He still eats some purees, but seems to prefer feeding himself. I tend to give him pureed fruits or veggies when I don't have a good option of either on hand for a finger food.
We're still nursing (or getting bottles at daycare) six times per day between 6am and 7pm. He's averaging about 24oz per day.
With his first birthday fast approaching, I'm thinking a lot about the weaning process. I'll be honest, I'm SO NERVOUS. I've gotten a lot of great advice from other ladies in the same boat though, so I think I have a good game plan. I hope anyway.
Sleep:
Let me just say this: I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME.
This image about sums it up:
Charlie, being a baby, doesn't believe in this whole time change thing. So he's up and ready to party at 5am most days. It pretty much sucks! Fortunately, he's managed to stay on schedule with everything else. It's just his sleep that's all jacked up.
Naps are still a disaster. I'm hoping at some point he'll just "grow into" naps... here's to hoping!
Playing:
This kid is a ball of energy, that's for sure. Who need a gym when you have a baby? Chasing after him is a workout!
It blows my mind the things he just "knows" how to do. For example: he loves toy cars and trucks. He pushes them around and makes "car noises". You know the "pffffftttt" sound? He does that. It's SO CUTE. I have a video that I'm going to attempt to upload.
Another favorite of his is playing catch! He will push or throw a ball to me or Daddy and we push or toss it back. This can go back and forth for quite a while. I didn't think that this was something a young baby would know how to do, but he does it and he loves it! He gets really into it - I also have a video of this that I'm going to try and share (I never have luck uploading videos on here for some reason!).
Other Things:
My baby can wave! Sometimes it takes a little coaxing, but he does it. He will flap his little hand and say "ba" - which we assume means "bye". Again with the adorableness!
On the topic of words - he sometimes says "mama" or "dada", but it's not always in the correct context. We'll get there soon though!
He cruises along furniture now quite well. He's also able to stand up unassisted and he looks like he's thinking about taking some steps. Not to long now and I think we'll have a walker - yikes! I don't know if I'm ready for that.
Birthday party plans are full swing and I can't believe Charlie will be ONE in less than a month! This year really has flown by.












No comments:
Post a Comment