Saturday, July 14, 2012

Seven Months


Seven Month Stats:

Weight: 15lbs 1/2oz

Height:  27 1/2"

Clothing: Mostly 3 to 6, 6 to 9 month footed sleepers

Diapers: Still size 2's




Eating: We're doing pretty well here. We ended up seeing a Pediatric GI Specialist a few weeks ago due to his low weight gain. She didn't find any issues, so just advised us to up the amount in his bottles.

So, he now gets 5oz bottles when he's not nursing. In addition to that, he also eats 3 solids meals per day. He was doing really well with his solids, but then lost his appetite due to an ear infection :( It's slowly making a come-back.

We've been working on the sippy cup lately. He knows what to do with it, he just has a little trouble with the execution, so he prefers that I just hold it for him! 


Sleeping: Same old, same old. Before his ear infection, I felt like he was getting ready to drop is 3/4am-ish nursing session... but then he got sick and that though got tossed!

He's pretty much back to his usual sleeping pattern now, thank goodness. We had a few rough nights. I don't know how those "co-sleepers" do it every night. Oh my goodness. I slept with Charlie in my bed for 2 nights while he was sick (because he wouldn't sleep unless he was touching me) and I was so paranoid of squishing him that I barely slept at all! At least he got some rest, that's what really mattered!

Playing: Anything and everything is now a 'toy'! He loves sitting at his piano and whacking away at the keys, he also gets a kick out of yanking my hair :)


Watching him play in the jumperoo is probably one of the cutest things ever!

Other Things: He gets better with sitting everyday. He tries soooo hard to get himself into a sitting position from laying down, but he's not quite there yet.


He's really starting to push up on his hands now, just a few days ago he didn't even bother with that. Even though he's not crawling, I wouldn't consider him immobile. I pretty much just rolls wherever he wants to go! If he's not rolling, he's scooting around by pushing his feet off the floor.

We survived our first real illness (the ear infection), but it was rough. At one point his fever spiked up to 104.3. It was pretty scary, but thankfully it went down pretty quickly. I hope we can dodge any other illnesses for a while! Sick babies make for sad Mommy's.


No comments: